Are you a
1. what is the Bible?
The Bible is the book that God wrote through his servants. It is a book that is wholly inspired by God, which He left for us so that we may know what His purposes are for our lives. Through the Bible we are able to know His will, which is the open door to indicate the road to salvation for our souls.
The Bible is a perfect book that gets us closer to knowing the character of God. It is the only book in the world that faithfully transmits the Word of God.
Structure of the Bible
The Bible is a book that consists of 66 books written by a total of 40 authors. It is divided into two sections: the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew, with the exception of a few sections that were written in the Aramaic language. The New Testament was written in Greek. The exact date that it was written is not known, but many scholars conclude that the first books were written around 1500 BC, and that the New Testament was completed around 100 AD. In considering this, the sixty-six books were written over a time period of 1600 years.
The Old Testament is divided into three sections, beginning with the story of creation. The sections are as follows:
• 17 historic books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, First Samuel, Second Samuel, First Kings, Second Kings, First Chronicles, Second Chronicles, Ezra and Nehemiah.
• 16 books of prophecy: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi.
• 6 books of poetry: Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs and Lamentations.
• The New Testament begins with four books known as the Gospels that tell of the life of Jesus Christ. The four gospels consist of: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
The New Testament continues with the following books:
• 1 Book of History: Acts of the Apostles
• 21 letters "Epistles": 13 of which were written by the Apostle Paul: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, Philemon, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus.
•8 general letters: Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John and Jude
•1 apocalyptic book: Revelation
Do you want a Bible? write us an email and we will send you one for free!
Note: This is a very small introduction to the Bible and its structure. If you want to know more concerning the Bible or have any questions, please contact us and we will gladly explain all of your questions.
This is a brief explanation of the topic in matter. To learn more about the Bible, or if you want more details of its truth please contact us and we will gladly explain everything.